Ideas for team building activities
What activities should you organise for your next team building event?
When choosing a team-building activity, make sure that it matches your team's interests and needs, and that it promotes collaboration, communication and stronger links between members.
Not sure why you should organise a team building activity? Then check out this article to find out why it's essential!
Examples of team building activities
- A team Escape Game: work together to solve enigmas and puzzles to get out of a room in a limited time. There are other kinds of escape games: board games, city exploration games and treasure hunts.
With Coddy, for example, you explore the city of your choice while solving various enigmas along the way that integrate your environment. You can also take part in fun team challenges and challenge your colleagues to finish top of the leaderboard!
With the new special team building game "The Trophy of the Tribes", you'll have a complete team building experience!🏆
- Treasure hunt: in the same spirit as the escape game, you can design a treasure hunt around your workplace or a local area, with clues and riddles to be solved as a team. 🏴☠️
- Group cooking workshop: learn to cook a complex dish together, it can encourage communication and coordination. 🍝
- Volunteering day: the best combo between cohesion and good deed. Offer to volunteer your team for a cause that's close to your hearts. This will not only strengthen team spirit, but also contribute to the community. You could propose a day at the beach to pick up litter, a competition to collect cigarette butts in town, etc. 🌊
- Sporting activities: a rather "boat" activity, but one that always works! Organise a friendly sports tournament like football, volleyball or bowling. Or, on the other hand, organise the "Lazy Olympics": who can sit still the longest? Find out in this highly competitive sporting event. 🏋🏻♂️
- Survival simulation: challenge your team to work together to survive in a fictional scenario, making strategic decisions and solving problems. A sort of Koh-Lanta simplified (and downright easier so you don't lose Michel from accounting). 🔥
- Creative brainstorming sessions: low budget? Then simply organise brainstorming sessions where team members come up with crazy ideas to solve a problem, encouraging creativity and innovation. Use post-its, maybe give them paintbrushes, pencils - in short, something a little more creative than a whiteboard. ✍🏻
- Trust game: create exercises where team members have to trust each other to complete tasks, such as blindfolded obstacle courses. 🙈
- Team art creation: create a collective work of art that symbolises the team's values and objectives. This could be a painting to hang in your premises afterwards! 🎨
- Reverse presentations: a little entertainment to do at the start of the day. If you're welcoming new members to your team, ask each former team member to introduce another member, which can help strengthen mutual understanding and appreciation. It's already more original than a silly round of introductions.
- Karaoke Extravaganza: discover your colleagues' hidden (or not-so-hidden) talents by singing at the top of your lungs to songs that even auto-tune would struggle to correct.
- Giant Twister: play a life-size version of Twister and discover that you can be a contortionist (or not) in broad daylight.
A city exploration game for your team building
Take part in the battle of the millennium with your colleagues and try to lift the Trophy of the Tribes!🏆
The Trophy of the Tribes takes place every 1,000 years and is a unique event in which tribes from all walks of life compete in a series of tests that assess the 4 virtues worthy of lifting the trophy: logic, patience, intelligence and wisdom.
Riddles in the city, various challenges, fun facts and anecdotes about the places, buildings and monuments you come across: your adventure will be as fun, entertaining and touristy as it is competitive!
More activities for your team building?
- 🚴♀️ Bike ride
- 🥏 Ultimate Frisbee
- 🏹 Archery
- 🏌️♀️ Mini golf outing
- 🍻 Beer, wine and whisky tasting
- 🍔 BBQ at the boss's place
- 🧘 Yoga class
- 🏃 Pékin Express challenge
- 🌱 Participative kitchen garden
- 🎥 Creating a short film